We are linking to KosherBlog "since", as Shifra says, "we're not ENEMIES or anything hehe".

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hol Cooking I

Well, I haven't been cooking so much for shabbat lately, due to a combination of having gotten invited out alot and going away, but I have been cooking during the week, both to have healthy dinners and leftovers to take for lunch. The results have been quite interesting, with many dishes of my own invention taking shape. I'll start with one of my favorites,

weeknight pasta sauce.

1 28oz can chopped tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
3 pressed garlic cloves
1 or 2 onions
olive oil
rosemary, pepper flakes, ground black pepper, salt
a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (Season is the only brand I've seen with a hekhsher)
A few splashes of wine
A 16oz can of canellini beans
Saute the onions and garlic untill softened and fragrant. add the drained artichoke hearts, pulling them into pieces with your fingers while you add them to the pot. add the tomatoes, canelinni beans, and tomato sauce with the wine and spices. Simmer until reduced and yummy.

Comments:
This is an awesome recipe!!! Thank you!! I plan to do it soon!!


This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News
 
Hi. I m on the look-out for a kosher recipe called Hatsulim Mamulae. It's stuffed eggplants with meat and served in a spicy tomato sauce. I have looked all over the net for this recipe but can't find it anywhere. Do you know anything about this dish? If so, could you please send me the recipe. Thanks a lot!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?